UCSD TKD/Triton TKD is a student run club, team and Rec class whose members are dedicated to practicing and competing in World Taekwondo Federation(WTF) Olympic Style Taekwondo.
Our club features:
- Evening practices at least 3 times a week open to experienced and inexperienced members alike
- Hard workouts highlighting conditioning, paddle kicking and sparring
- Practices led by UCSD TKD Head Coach Master Jacky Baik
- An emphasis on competitions in Olympic Style Sparring and Sport Poomsae
- Opportunities for all belt ranks to compete on local and national levels
- Additional classes for non-competition geared technique honing and self defense skills
- Kukkiwon Certified Belt Testing
- Regular Cross Trainings with TKD teams from UC Irvine, UCLA, Pepperdine University, ETC
- Social Events (Snowboarding/Camping/Bonfires/Boba/ETC)
- The coolest people you will ever meet and the greatest memories you will ever make at UCSD
If you are looking to stay in shape, meet people and join a team, and learn a thing about Taekwondo then we invite you to come for a trial day. Come by and bring your friends to try out a practice for free! If you like it and would like to continue, a very affordable recreation fee and club due will have to be paid (around $90 a quarter.) Uniforms and equipment can be purchased from us as well. But once again the test run is free and you have got nothing to lose from giving it a shot!